This goes with The 16 Commandments of Poon and a couple other articles floating around here.
- Women, learn to work the toilet seat. You’re a big girl. If it’s up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don’t hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
- Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not considered by us to be opportunities to see if we can find the perfect present . . . . again!
- Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.
- Sunday = sports. It’s like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.
- Don’t cut your hair. Ever. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair. One of the big reasons guys fear getting married is that married women always cut their hair, and by then you’re stuck with her.
I’m a Rowan.
Find your birthday and then find your tree…
Dec 23 to Jan 01 – Apple Tree
Jan 01 to Jan 11 – Fir Tree
Jan 12 to Jan 24 – Elm Tree
Jan 25 to Feb 03 – Cypress Tree
Feb 04 to Feb 08 – Poplar Tree
Feb 09 to Feb 18 – Cedar Tree
Feb 19 to Feb 28 – Pine Tree
Mar 01 to Mar 10 – Weeping Willow Tree
Mar 11 to Mar 20 – Lime Tree
Mar 21 – Oak Tree
Mar 22 to Mar 31 – Hazelnut Tree
Apr 01 to Apr 10 – Rowan Tree
Apr 11 to Apr 20 – Maple Tree
Apr 21 to Apr 30 – Walnut Tree
May 01 to May 14 – Poplar Tree
May 15 to May 24 – Chestnut Tree
May 25 to Jun 03 – Ash Tree
Jun 04 to Jun 13 – Hornbeam Tree
Jun 14 to Jun 23 – Fig Tree
Jun 24 – Birch Tree
Jun 25 to Jul 04 – Apple Tree
Jul 05 to Jul 14 – Fir Tree
Jul 15 to Jul 25 – Elm Tree
Jul 26 to Aug 04 – Cypress Tree
Aug 05 to Aug 13 – Poplar Tree
Aug 14 to Aug 23 – Cedar Tree
Aug 24 to Sep 02 – Pine Tree
Sep 03 to Sep 12 – Weeping Willow Tree
Sep 13 to Sep 22 – Lime Tree
Sep 23 – Olive Tree
Sep 24 to Oct 03 – Hazelnut Tree
Oct 04 to Oct 13 – Rowan Tree
Oct 14 to Oct 23 – Maple Tree
Oct 24 to Nov 11 – Walnut Tree
Nov 12 to Nov 21 – Chestnut Tree
Nov 22 to Dec 01 – Ash Tree
Dec 02 to Dec 11 – Hornbeam Tree
Dec 12 to Dec 21 – Fig Tree
Dec 22 – Beech Tree
APPLE TREE(the Love) – of slight build, lots of charm, appeal, and attraction, pleasant aura, flirtatious, adventurous, sensitive, always in love, wants to love and be loved, faithful and tender partner, very generous, scientific talents, lives for today, a carefree philosopher with imagination.
ASH TREE(the Ambition) – uncommonly attractive, vivacious, impulsive, demanding, does not care for criticism, ambitious, intelligent, talented, likes to play with its fate, can be egoistic, very reliable and trust-worthy, faithful and prudent lover, sometimes brains rule over the heart, but takes partnership very seriously.
BEECH TREE(the Creative) – has good taste, concerned about its looks, materialistic, good organization of life and career, economical, good
leader, takes no unnecessary risks, reasonable, splendid lifetime companion, keen on keeping fit (diets, sports, etc.)
Continue reading Whats your birth tree?
Coca-Cola was originally green.
Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the US Treasury
It is possible to lead a cow upstairs but not downstairs.
Smartest dogs: 1) Scottish border collie; 2) Poodle; 3) Golden retriever.
Dumbest: Afghan hound.
Hawaiian alphabet has 12 letters.
Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better.
Amount American Airlines saved in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served first class: $40,000
City with the most Rolls Royce’s per capita: Hong Kong
State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska
Percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28%
Percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38%
ATOMIC – I wonder how many people realize that the atomic theory of matter dates all the way back to Ancient Greece. The philosopher Democritus developed the theory that the ultimate components of matter must be particles that cannot be divided. If matter can be divided into infinitely small pieces, then it is hard to see how it can exist at all, seeing that an infinitely small particle seems to have the same description as one that doesn’t exist. He called the fundamental particles atoms, which literally means ‘uncutables’. The irony is that the modern atomic theory found itself forced eventually to speak of ‘sub-atomic’ particles, a term that, taken literally, is self-contradictory.
CARNIVAL – This word for a fun festival is related to such words as carnal and carnivore. It originated as a word for a festival held just before the beginning of the Christian holy period of Lent, a period in which the eating of meat was forbidden. Carnival literally means the witholding of meat.
I found this one once a long time ago and since I shared the 16 Commandments of Poon which is a decent post about the perspective of a pick up artist and being an alpha male I thought I’d share this little thing too. This one is a bit more of a list of things to do if you want to be a jerk but some might have some merit. Enjoy, if you choose to enjoy. =)
- Always take up a lot of space. Beta-males always shrink up as ifthey were apologizing for their own personal waste of space. Beterritorial. Claim it because you own it.
- Be calmer than everyone around you. Stress (talking about it orshowing it) is an indicator of Beta-male status. Be unaffected by whatothers are affected by. Heat, sweat, cold, stress, etc…Leaders are aloof and confident.
- Slow down body movements. Visualize moving in a pool. Relax your eyelids.
- Resist the fear that you will piss people off. Be willing to be distracted when someone is talking to you. Be willing to take the lead and end the conversation when you want to. You should be the initiator for most conversations too.
- STOP trying to please everyone and make him or her like you. Start qualifying everyone and don’t give any fake smiles, laughs or gestures until they EARN IT!
- Develop a sense of impudence: Take liberties you know you deserve.
- Know your own worth. When someone does you a favor or gives you something, don’t over appreciate. Know that you deserved it and you had it coming from them. Act as though it is expected when people help, do favors and give things to you. Set boundaries and limitations on what you will tolerate from others.
- Confidence: This is simply freedom from self-doubt, and having strong beliefs in your own actions, words and abilities. Don’t over-analyze this.
- Be supportive of `lesser’ males. Aggression is never a good idea. Use praise instead. Make sure your friends are safe and they see you ensuring their safety.
- Smile less often. It doesn’t make you rude, just discerning. People should earn your smiles and laughs. Give them as rewards when people win you over.
- Don’t EVER act apologetic. Don’t use excuses or feel the need to explain your actions….EVER!
- Time with you is valuable and rare…you are busy and focused on yourself.
- Frame equals mood + beliefs about the current situation. Don’t get sucked into anyone’s mood. Pull them into yours, forcefully. Be the pillar of strength that is unmovable. Why do you think strippers like those poles so much?
- If you don’t define the meaning of the interaction, the other person will do it for you.
- Remain silent every once in a while after someone finishes talking. Look at them and wait…they will keep talking to make you happy.
- Speak slowly. You will NOT loose the group’s attention.
- Every once in a while, choose a time for you when you will be closed off for the day. Just stand in quiet confidence and be as silent as possible. People will try to get you to talk and wonder what’s up.
- Don’t ever laugh at your own jokes. This kills!
- Make statements whenever possible. People should have to earn your questions.
- Don’t look around at other people trying to get energy or attention from them. Your energy is within you. Be in your own universe, you can have a welcome mat, but others should still be a guest.
- Hold everyone’s attention. If they look away or get distracted, be the first to walk away, get even more distracted or become immediately busy.
- ELIMINATE the fear of being the one to break a group’s state by taking the lead and beginning or ending something first so that others will follow.
- Make yourself COMFORTABLE. Don’t be uncomfortable when speaking to others or groups. Face the direction you feel like facing.
- Make strong eye contact. You don’t have to have a serious face on when you do this. That’s stupid. Smirk a tiny bit like you know more than they do.
- Don’t try to make people like you…make then think you are from the future.
- At the first sign of people’s indecision, be the FIRST to speak up and take action.
- Don’t wait to take control. Seize the opportunity.
- Out alpha the AMOGS by shoulder taps, friendly elbows, compliments and putting social pressure on him. Social pressure is only using a psychological spotlight.
- When a competing male tries to challenge you or take control of the group, ignore him, don’t make eye contact, keep your body posture.
(Shoulders back and relaxed, head back, smile a little.) Comment when he’s finished.
- Be comfortable having complete control of the group. It is a responsibility you must take on. Don’t be afraid that you will screw things up.
- With men: Start qualifying immediately. As soon as you get them to qualify, compliment them on something and start telling a story before they can respond.
- Being in control is simple: It is only about believing fully in what you are doing. Believe that you have the best plan of action and no one could possibly do better.
- If someone says something you don’t like, SMILE, roll your eyes a little and give them a look as if they were a cute little kid.
- You must be the one who expends the least amount of nervous energy. You will then be in control. Let others get nervous; wondering if they are impressing you or not.
- Be talkative: Say whatever is on your mind and don’t worry about the consequences. Just be a talkative person.
- Don’t be afraid to make others feel bad. If you feel you need to say something, say it. Don’t ever try to camouflage your intent. Be honest and direct. This will earn you all kinds of respect points.
- Resist the need to share the intensity of emotions you’re feeling.
- Touch people when you talk to them. Know that it’s okay to do.
- Don’t pause too long when someone asks you a question. This indicates your deep thinking about the question and your need to give them the best possible answer…stop dong this!
- Steeple your hands when you speak if you feel like you are getting a little nervous. This shows LOTS of confidence and is a leader indicator.
- Don’t walk too fast. This is another behavior that is used to break your own frame. Slow down and relax. Know you are the MAN.
- Straighten your spine, tilt your pelvis forward, relax and spread out. Take up space…it’s YOURS!!
- Don’t always respond when someone calls your name. When you do respond, turn your head to them slowly.
- Keep it short and to the point. Don’t go into some elaborate and boring story. (I know you love it, but it’s boring)
- When you ask advice from other people, let them have the spotlight. Don’t be afraid to let someone else stand in the spotlight for a while. Compliment them when they do.
- Never stop someone from performing acts of generosity towards you, or be too thankful when they do.
- Be dominant and in control. If you don’t like the conversation…walk away. Start talking to someone else in the middle of the conversation if you feel like it. You are the alpha and you are in charge. Regardless of income, rank etc…you are the leader.
- Don’t ever brag about yourself. Not bragging builds mystery. Let them discover things on their own.
- Don’t EVER put yourself down! Alpha males do not do this unless it is an OBVIOUS joke! It’s okay to make a joke to convey the opposite of what you are saying in the joke.
- Don’t ever put others down or talk badly about someone else!!!
This is key. When you put others down, it reveals your own insecurities. If they are no threat, don’t act like they are. Women will take up sides with anyone you decide to put down.
- Live a life of DISCIPLINE AND FUN: The two secret ingredients in the alpha male’s life.
- If you treat people like they are cooler than you are, you are a beta-male.
- If you `put up’ with disrespectful behavior, you are a beta-male.
- Use clean language unless you really have to curse. Profanity is just like verbal violence: The people who use it are usually totally insecure and frightened by their lack of dominance.
- Use violence as a LAST resort. The pack leader of any pack is not a bully
I. Never say ‘I Love You’ first
Women want to feel like they have to overcome obstacles to win a man’s heart. They crave the challenge of capturing the interest of a man who has other women competing for his attention, and eventually prevailing over his grudging reluctance to award his committed exclusivity. The man who gives his emotional world away too easily robs women of the satisfaction of earning his love. Though you may be in love with her, don’t say it before she has said it. Show compassionate restraint for her need to struggle toward yin fulfillment. Inspire her to take the leap for you, and she’ll return the favor a thousandfold.
II. Make her jealous
Flirt with other women in front of her. Do not dissuade other women from flirting with you. Women will never admit this but jealousy excites them. The thought of you turning on another woman will arouse her sexually. No girl wants a man that no other woman wants. The partner who harnesses the gale storm of jealousy controls the direction of the relationship.
III. You shall make your mission, not your woman, your priority
Instructions: Read each question carefully. Answer all questions. Time: 4 hours
BIOLOGY: Create life. Estimate the differences in subsequent human culture if this form of life had developed 500 million years earlier, with special attention to its probable effect on the English Parliamentary system. Prove your thesis.
CHEMISTRY: You are provided with a blank piece of paper. Construct the Periodic Table. Include, for each element, atomic mass, melting point, valence states, electron structure and density. Predict the names and characteristics of the next ten elements.
ECONOMICS: Develop a realistic plan for refinancing the national debt. Be brief.
Baths used to consist of a big bath tub filled with hot water. The man of the house had the privilege of the fresh clean water, then all the other sons and men, then the women and finally the children – last of all the babies. By then the water was so dirty you could actually lose someone in it. Hence the saying, “Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.”
The rule of thumb came from the old law stating that a man could not beat his wife with anything wider than his thumb.
In the 16th century lead cups were used to drink ale or whisky. The combination would sometimes knock people out for a few days. Someone walking along the road would take them for dead and prepare them for burial. They were laid out on the kitchen table for a couple of days and the family would gather around and eat, drink and wait to see if they would wake up. Thus the custom holding a “wake”
I browse Reddit from time to time. From those time to times I find something interesting from time to time. This is one thing I found interesting one of those times. This is supposedly a list of pictograms homeless people used to mark areas from back in the 1920’s or so. Whether its true or not is beside the point. I don’t see why it wouldn’t be. The thing I really enjoy about this picture is that the picture is completely unrelated to what it means. Some of them make sense though when you look at them a little closer.
Now I thought I’d post this because its just one more little touch you can add in your RPG game. Your PC’s are headed to town and they see carvings in the trees or on the city marker. What does it mean? How do you even find out what it means??
Today, we have riddles. Lots and lots of riddles. Good for gaming, good for a round at the pub, good for the soul. Enjoy.
What can you put in a barrel to make it lighter?
Answer: A hole
I have rivers without water,
Forests without trees,
Mountains without rocks
Towns without houses.
What am I?
Click for the full size. If you still can’t read the text (on Chrome at least) HOLD the CTRL button and scroll your mouse wheel in t zoom in.
This is an image called The Tree of Religion. Its a print for sale somewhere. I don’t want t call this an RPG resource but it could be used for one for world creation as you can see how things are entertwined and see how things have evolved.
I’m not going to begin trying to explain this beast but I think its very interesting to look at and just kind of soak in what you see. Its interesting also to see where the foot of the trees start and where they end up.
A lot of history in that right there. A lot of fighting in the history of religion too. One co-worker once asked me what did Christianity ever do that was so wrong and I just asked if she ever heard of the crusades. …. Yeah… Anyways.. Theres the image.
This is something I wrote a long time ago and I still kind of like it. Gives you a bit of a taste of me.. Not that you’d want to taste me. I probably taste like chicken, because doesn’t everything taste like chicken in some way? Except when its dry… I hate dry chicken. Like.. I really hate dry chicken.. or turkey for that matter. Dry turkey also isn’t good but ham! Ham is where its at. Even dry ham tastes decent. Anyway….
Body: The average person only gets 7 right.
This is based on U.S. info, so use all lobes of your brain. This can be more difficult than it looks – it just shows how little most of us really see!
There are 25 questions about things we see every day or have known about all our lives. How many can you get right?
These little simple questions are harder than you think– it just shows you how little we pay attention to the commonplace things of life.
Put your thinking caps on. No cheating! No looking around! No getting out of your chair! No using anything on or in your desk or computer!
REMEMBER – NO CHEATING!!! BE HONEST!!! That means no looking at your phone or anything on your desk…
LET’S JUST SEE HOW OBSERVANT YOU REALLY ARE.